by Brandon Moore, Community Theatre and Communications Manager
|Cahoots Theatre's DATT - the Deaf Artists and Theatres Toolkit|
- Cahoots Theatre has launched DATT – the Deaf Artists and Theatres Toolkit, as a resource and guide to increase innovative collaborations between professional theatre companies and Deaf artists, as well as to increase engagement with Deaf audiences.
- “Every director no matter how esteemed should—at least once every other year—work with kids.” From Tanisha Taitt on intermission.
- The next stage of consultations are underway for Canadian Heritage’s “Canadian Content in a Digital World” review.
Behind the Scenes at Ontario’s Theatres
- Meet the members of the 16/17 Stratford Festival Birmingham Conservatory—including our 2014 summer student Zara Jestadt.
- Gordon Pinsent is receiving the Stratford Festival’s 2016 Legacy Award.
- Port Stanley Festival Theatre is hosting their fifth annual Playwright Festival, featuring new work by Dave Carley (a past recipient of our Maggie Bassett Award for contribution to theatre in Ontario) and Kristen Da Silva.
In Case You Missed It
- Stories from our Summer Theatre Intensive: Ironda Campbell learned “Directions on Directing” with Andrew Lamb.
- ONstage Openings for the week of September 12 in Gravenhurst, Ottawa, Markham, Aurora, St. Jacobs, Simcoe, Cambridge, and Toronto.
- Browsing Our Bulletin Board—Our Bowl-a-Thon, workshops, Adjudicators Symposium, grants, and calls for submission.