- Donna-Michelle St. Bernard will be teaching our "Playwriting: How to Tell an 'Important' Story" at our Summer Theatre Intensive. Donna-Michelle's important story Sound of the Beast can be seen at Theatre Passe Muraille in Toronto from April 13 to May 7.
- Allegra Fulton wrote in Intermission about Jon Kaplan, long-time theatre critic for NOW Magazine, and also a member and supporter of Theatre Ontario for many years.
Behind the Scenes at Ontario’s Theatres
- Two more Occupational Health and Safety Guidelines for Live Performance have been published by the Ontario Ministry of Labour: Electrical and Elevating Work Platforms.
- Guelph Little Theatre—the recent hosts of the Western Ontario Drama League Festival—were profiled by the Guelph Arts Council as “a major piece of the royal city lifestyle fabric.”
- ... to Ron-Cameron Lewis who has been chosen as an American Association of Community Theatre Fellow for his significant contribution to the idea and ideal of community theatre. (He is only the second Canadian to receive this distinction…and the first just happens to be our adjudicator at this year’s Theatre Ontario Festival in Ottawa.)
In Case You Missed It
- Rachel Kennedy is getting jazzed our new partnership with Off the Wall Stratford Artists Alliance at our Summer Theatre Intensive.
- Browsing Our Bulletin Board featuring opportunities across the province including grant writing, Festival, launching your career, and more.
- ONstage Openings this week in Markham, Mississauga, St. Marys, Hamilton, Toronto, Orangeville, Ottawa, Kingston, and Smiths Falls.