From Theatre Ontario
- We regret to announce that Rachel Kennedy is leaving as Professional Theatre and Education Manager, but we are excited to welcome Raeburn Ferguson who will be joining our staff.
- Alicia Richardson—Driftwood Theatre’s Playwright in Residence—reflects on how she “kills her inner critic.”
- The Ontario Nonprofit Network has released a report “Women’s Voices—Stories about Working in Ontario’s Nonprofit Sector” based on the stories of 730 women sharing with what it was like to work in Ontario's nonprofit sector and provided recommendations for change.
Behind the Scenes at Ontario’s Theatres
- Orpheus Musical Theatre’s production of The Last Five Years lost several performances due to the long power outages many in Ottawa suffered following the tornado on September 21. Thanks to the Gladstone who graciously offered their space, the production will go on three more times.
- Weyni Mengesha is the new Artistic Director of Soulpepper in Toronto.
- Jack Brezina is stepping down as President of Highlands Summer Festival in Haliburton.
In Case You Missed It
- Stories from Our Summer Theatre Intensive—“Plot—It Builds Character” from Jackie Mahoney.
- ONstage Openings this week in Belleville, Perth, Morrisburg, Smiths Falls, Constance Bay, Guelph, London, Cambridge, Woodstock, Toronto, and Orangeville; and next week in Ottawa, Kingston, Milford, Mississauga, Toronto, Millbrook, Cobourg, and Port Hope.
- Browsing Our Bulletin Board, including workshops, webinars, grant deadlines, and more.