Upcoming opportunities for theatre artists from Theatre Ontario, from our members, and from other arts service organizations
Coming Up from Theatre Ontario
|"Ask an Agent" workshop with Alicia Jeffery, part of our|
"Take Control of Your Career" boot camp
- Learn some important tricks of the trade so that you can get your theatre career on track! Join us at our “Take Control of Your Career” boot camp featuring workshops on building your brand, creating epic social media visuals, contract law, and Ask an Agent, on October 21 in Toronto.
- Tell me what you ate and I’ll tell you how well you’ll perform. Join us at our “Enhance Your Stage Presence: A Nutritional Guide for Performers” workshop with Gillian Ferrier on October 24 in Toronto.
- Does your Theatre for Young Audiences show need an audience? Join us at our “Bring Your Show to Schools” pre-recorded webinar with Patty Jarvis on October 25.
- Thinking of using music in your performance or creating a musical revue? Know your music rights (and responsibilities) for theatre! Join us at our “Music Rights for Theatre” live webinar (free for members) with Jason Abdool (SOCAN) and Phil Laffin (ReSound) on October 30.
- Learn strategies that can help turn what could be a strained, forced, or distant relationship to an intense and fruitful collaboration. Join us at our “Director-Dramaturge Collaborations” workshop with Matt McGeachy on November 1.
- Want to know the secrets to a successful voice acting career? Join us at our “Voice Over” workshop with Elley-Ray on November 4 in Toronto.
- Preparing an OAC application? Get the inside scoop at our “Grant Writing Information Session” free pre-recorded webinar with Pat Bradley of the Ontario Arts Council available on November 6.
- Answers to your FAQs about the business of acting—join us at our “Launching Your Career” workshop with Rachel Kennedy and guest TBA on November 15 in Toronto.
- Learn necessary skills to produce creative works, in a one-day session! Join us at our “Master Class for Success” creator boot camp featuring workshops on fundraising, project management tools, financial basics, and planning, on November 18 in Toronto.
Upcoming on The Bulletin Board
- Great Canadian Theatre Company’s next “The Hive @ GCTC” workshop for students is on “Lighting Design” today in Ottawa.
- Deadline to apply for Ontario Trillium Foundation “Capital Grants” program is October 25.
New on The Bulletin Board
- Submissions are now open for the Ellen Ross Stuart Award, for playwrights 21-30 with some production credits who have graduated from post-secondary training or outgrown other programs that nurture young artists. The deadline is December 15.
Check out these items, and other postings from our members.
Theatre Ontario individual members can also access Auditions, Job Postings and Discount Ticket Offers on our Theatre Ontario Individual Member Resources on our website