Coming Up from Theatre Ontario
- Calling all bowlers, supporters and sponsors! We invite you to take part in our inaugural Bowl-a-Thon in support of Theatre Ontario on September 17 in Toronto.
- Learn to eliminate stigma and barriers for blind or low vision actors and audiences through education and awareness at our “Sight Unseen” workshop with Murray Powell on September 24 in Toronto.
- Registrations are now open for our Adjudicators Symposium on October 1 in Toronto, bringing together the province’s adjudicators for professional development and networking.
- Seeking financial support for unique and flexible training with a chosen mentor? Apply for our Professional Theatre Training Program mentorship grants. The application deadline is October 3.
- Are stress and anxiety sabotaging your career? Join us at our “Act Bravely: Practical Strategies to Conquer Stage Fright” workshop with Jorie Morrow on October 3.
- Thinking of producing a show or starting a theatre company? Join us at our “Ready, Set, Show! Foundations of Indie Producing” workshop with Rachel Kennedy on October 5 in Toronto
- Does your ‘Theatre for Young Audiences’ show need an audience? Join us at our “Bring Your Show to Schools: Navigating the Education System” webinar with Patty Jarvis of Prologue to the Performing Arts on October 13.
- Seeking financial support for programs that deliver accessible training to young people, led by professional theatre artist? Apply for our Youth Theatre Training Program grants. The application deadline is October 17.
- Members save 50% on E-learning courses from WorkInCulture. One of the six courses available is Managing People—Lead your team to greatness! How do you find the right people? How do you motivate your team? Then, how do you keep the solid talent you have? This course will help you find the answers.
Upcoming on The Bulletin Board
- Deadline to apply for Ontario150 Community Capital Program grants is today.
- Deadline to apply for Ontario Trillium Foundation Seed Grants is today.
- Deadline to apply for Ontario Arts Council’s grants for Aboriginal Artists in Communities, Aboriginal Arts Projects, Deaf and Disability Arts Projects, National and International Touring, and Ontario Touring is September 15.
- Deadline to apply for Canada Council’s grants for Theatre: Project Grants to Service Organizations, Artists and Community Collaboration Program in Theatre, Grants to Theatre Artists: Individual Creation, Playwright-in-Residency, Artist-in-Residency and Professional Development, Theatre Production Project Grants for Emerging Artists, and Theatre Production Project Grants for Established Artists is September 15.
- Deadline to register your Ontario Culture Days free interactive arts and culture event is September 19.
- WorkInCulture is hosting a free “Job Hunting” webinar with Sandy Lee for arts administrators and job hunters on September 21.
New on The Bulletin Board
- Toronto Arts Council invites applications for the Artists in the Library program, a multidisciplinary residency grant for artists, collectives and organizations to present programs in selected Toronto Public Libraries. The application deadline is October 3.
- The Paprika Festival invites submissions for the 16/17 Festival’s artistic programs, including Paprika Productions, Playwriting, Creators Unit, and Paprika's Regent Collective (ages 15-21), Advisory Board (ages 21-25), and Director's Lab (ages 15-30). The application deadline is October 7.
Check out these items, and other postings from our members.
Theatre Ontario individual members can also access Auditions, Job Postings and Discount Ticket Offers on our Theatre Ontario Individual Member Resources on our website