Coming Up from Theatre Ontario
- Registrations are open for our Adjudicators Symposium on October 1 in Toronto, bringing together the province’s adjudicators for professional development and networking.
- Seeking financial support for unique and flexible training with a chosen mentor? Apply for our Professional Theatre Training Program mentorship grants. The application deadline is October 3.
- Are stress and anxiety sabotaging your career? Join us at our “Act Bravely: Practical Strategies to Conquer Stage Fright” workshop with Jorie Morrow on October 3.
- Thinking of producing a show or starting a theatre company? Join us at our “Ready, Set, Show! Foundations of Indie Producing” workshop with Rachel Kennedy on October 5 in Toronto
- Does your ‘Theatre for Young Audiences’ show need an audience? Join us at our “Bring Your Show to Schools: Navigating the Education System” webinar with Patty Jarvis of Prologue to the Performing Arts on October 13.
- Seeking financial support for programs that deliver accessible training to young people, led by professional theatre artist? Apply for our Youth Theatre Training Program grants. The application deadline is October 17.
- Preparing an OAC application? Get the inside scoop at our free “Grant Writing Information” pre-recorded webinar with Pat Bradley of the Ontario Arts Council on October 18.
- Want to know the secrets to a successful voice acting career? Join us at our Voice-Over workshop with Elley-Ray on October 22 in Toronto.
- Taking your new play from page to stage can seem impossible. Yet new plays are produced every season. How do they do it? Join us at our Playwright’s Guide to Getting Produced workshop with David S. Craig on October 24 in Toronto.
- Members save 50% on E-learning courses from WorkInCulture. One of the six courses available is Managing People—Lead your team to greatness! How do you find the right people? How do you motivate your team? Then, how do you keep the solid talent you have? This course will help you find the answers.
Upcoming on The Bulletin Board
- Deadline to apply for Ontario150 Grants Partnership Program for engaging, enabling, and empowering youth is September 30.
- Deadline for nominations for the Canada Council’s John Hobday Awards in Arts Management is September 30.
- Deadline to sign-up for Acting Up Stage Company’s One Song Glory (free musical theatre intensive for youth 13 to 19) pre-intensive workshops is September 30.
- Deadline for submissions for Thousand Islands Playhouse’s Ontario Arts Council Theatre Creators Reserve is October 1.
The deadline to apply for the Theatre Creators Reserve at
Thousand Islansd Playhouse is October 1.
- Anne Marie Scheffler’s One Person Show Workshop runs October 1 to 2 in Toronto.
- Deadline for applications for the Toronto Arts Council Artists in the Library program is October 3.
- Deadline for applications for directors (non-paying) at the NAGs Players annual pantomime is October 3.
- Deadline for applications for the Ontario Arts Council’s grants for Artist(s) in the Community / Workplace, Arts Education Projects and National and International Residency is October 4.
- Deadline for applications for Paprika Festival’s 16/17 programming is October 7.
- Deadline for applications for a tenancy at Artscape Youngplace is October 7.
New on The Bulletin Board
- Toronto Irish Players invites applications to direct The Night Joe Dolan’s Car Broke Down (non-paying community theatre production.) The application deadline is October 8.
- Theatre 3x60 is hosting Open House Information Sessions on October 11 and 18 for their free youth theatre collective, for Durham youth 14 to 21.
- Great Canadian Theatre Company invites applications for their OAC Theatre Creators’ Reserve program. Their funding priority is for playwrights and collectives based in, or who originate from, Ottawa and the National Capital Region. The application deadline is December 2.
- Festival Players of Prince Edward County invites applications for their OAC Theatre Creators’ Reserve program. Their funding priority is work that concerns itself with rural and/or epic themes, musicals, work for young audiences, and work by local playwrights from their community. The application deadline is December 9.
- The Village Players of Bloor West Village are seeking Costume Coordinators for Powers and Gloria and The Melville Boys (non-paying community theatre productions.)
Check out these items, and other postings from our members.
Theatre Ontario individual members can also access Auditions, Job Postings and Discount Ticket Offers on our Theatre Ontario Individual Member Resources on our website