Coming Up from Theatre Ontario
- Want to know the secrets to a successful voice acting career? Join us at our “Voice-Over” workshop with Elley-Ray on September 10 in Toronto.
- Join us at Play Date, from our Youth Advisory Committee—the most fun you’ve ever had networking—on September 12 in Toronto.
- Answers to your FAQs about the business of acting at our “Launching Your Career” workshop with Rachel Kennedy and guest Tim Walker on September 14
- Calling all bowlers, supporters and sponsors! We invite you to take part in our inaugural Bowl-a-Thon in support of Theatre Ontario on September 17 in Toronto.
- Learn to eliminate stigma and barriers for blind or low vision actors and audiences through education and awareness at our “Sight Unseen” workshop with Murray Powell on September 24 in Toronto.
- Registrations are now open for our Adjudicators Symposium on October 1 in Toronto, bringing together the province’s adjudicators for professional development and networking.
- Seeking financial support for unique and flexible training with a chosen mentor? Apply for our Professional Theatre Training Program mentorship grants. The application deadline is October 3.
- Are stress and anxiety sabotaging your career? Join us at “Act Bravely: Practical Strategies to Conquer Stage Fright” workshop with Jorie Morrow on October 3.
- Seeking financial support for programs that deliver accessible training to young people, led by professional theatre artist? Apply for our Youth Theatre Training Program grants. The application deadline is October 17.
- Members save 50% on E-learning courses from WorkInCulture. One of the six courses available is Managing People—Lead your team to greatness! How do you find the right people? How do you motivate your team? Then, how do you keep the solid talent you have? This course will help you find the answers.
Upcoming on The Bulletin Board
- The Estelle Craig ACT II Studio is hosting a Studio Information Day for prospective theatre students 50+ on September 8.
ACT II Studio is hosting an Information Day for prospective students.
- Deadline to apply for Canada Council’s Leadership for Change: Grants for Organizational Development is September 10.
- Deadline to submit proposals for Ontario Culture Days 2017 Routes and Roots commissions is September 12.
- Deadline to apply for Ontario150 Community Capital Program grants is September 14.
- Deadline to apply for Ontario Trillium Foundation Seed Grants is September 14.
- Deadline to apply for Ontario Arts Council’s grants for Aboriginal Artists in Communities, Aboriginal Arts Projects, Deaf and Disability Arts Projects, National and International Touring, and Ontario Touring is September 15.
- Deadline to apply for Canada Council’s grants (Project Grants to Service Organizations, Artists and Community Collaboration Program in Theatre, Grants to Theatre Artists: Individual Creation, Playwright-in-Residency, Artist-in-Residency and Professional Development, Theatre Production Project Grants for Emerging Artists, and Theatre Production Project Grants for Established Artists) is September 15.
New on The Bulletin Board
- Playwrights Guild of Canada’s “Exploring Dynamic Playwriting” workshop with Brad Fraser begins September 26.
Check out these items, and other postings from our members.
Theatre Ontario individual members can also access Auditions, Job Postings and Discount Ticket Offers on our Theatre Ontario Individual Member Resources on our website