Coming Up from Theatre Ontario
- Learn to eliminate stigma and barriers for blind or low vision actors and audiences through education and awareness at our “Sight Unseen” workshop with Murray Powell on September 24 in Toronto.
- Registrations are open for our Adjudicators Symposium on October 1 in Toronto, bringing together the province’s adjudicators for professional development and networking.
- Seeking financial support for unique and flexible training with a chosen mentor? Apply for our Professional Theatre Training Program mentorship grants. The application deadline is October 3.
- Are stress and anxiety sabotaging your career? Join us at our "Act Bravely: Practical Strategies to Conquer Stage Fright” workshop with Jorie Morrow on October 3.
- Thinking of producing a show or starting a theatre company? Join us at our “Ready, Set, Show! Foundations of Indie Producing” workshop with Rachel Kennedy on October 5 in Toronto.
- Does your ‘Theatre for Young Audiences’ show need an audience? Join us at our “Bring Your Show to Schools: Navigating the Education System” webinar with Patty Jarvis of Prologue to the Performing Arts on October 13.
- Seeking financial support for programs that deliver accessible training to young people, led by professional theatre artist? Apply for our Youth Theatre Training Program grants. The application deadline is October 17.
- Preparing an OAC application? Get the inside scoop at our free “Grant Writing Information” pre-recorded webinar with Pat Bradley of the Ontario Arts Council on October 18.
- Members save 50% on E-learning courses from WorkInCulture. One of the six courses available is Managing People—Lead your team to greatness! How do you find the right people? How do you motivate your team? Then, how do you keep the solid talent you have? This course will help you find the answers.
Upcoming on The Bulletin Board
|One Song Glory at Acting Up Stage Company|
- Ottawa Little Theatre’s Ensemble Storytelling workshop with Jillian Keiley is September 24.
- Playwrights Guild of Canada’s Exploring Dynamic Playwriting workshops with Brad Fraser begin September 26.
- TAPA's Standard First Aid with CPR/AED workshop is on September 26 and 27.
- Deadline to apply for Ontario150 Grants Partnership Program for engaging, enabling, and empowering youth is September 30.
- Deadline for nominations for the Canada Council’s John Hobday Awards in Arts Management is September 30.
- Deadline to sign-up for Acting Up Stage Company’s One Song Glory (free musical theatre intensive for youth 13 to 19) pre-intensive workshops is September 30.
New on The Bulletin Board
- Thousand Islands Playhouse invites submissions for its Ontario Arts Council Theatre Creators Reserve from artists, with particular interest in pieces that originate in their region, explore the history of the region, or deals with themes relevant to the community. The application deadline is October 1.
- Artscape invites proposals from prospective tenants for a space available at Artscape Youngplace. The application deadline is October 7.
- Bursaries are available for those interested in attending SPARC—Symposium for Performing Arts in Rural Communities, running October 27 to 30.
- Young People’s Theatre invites submissions for its Ontario Arts Council Theatre Creators Reserve from artists who are creating work for young audiences. The application deadline is November 25.
- Shaw Festival invites submissions for its Ontario Arts Council Theatre Creators Reserve from artists with proposals that engage in the world of the Shaw Festival’s mandate, and plays that are challenging, subversive and political. The application deadline is January 9.
Check out these items, and other postings from our members.
Theatre Ontario individual members can also access Auditions, Job Postings and Discount Ticket Offers on our Theatre Ontario Individual Member Resources on our website