Coming Up from Theatre Ontario
- Does your organization want to undertake a unique youth training project, led by professional theatre artists? The deadline for applications for our Youth Theatre Training Program (YTTP) is March 15.
- Get answers to your FAQs about the business of acting: Launching Your Career workshop with Rebecca Ballarin and Paolo Santalucia on March 21 in Toronto.
- Using music in your show? Learn your rights and responsibilities at Music Rights for Theatre webinar with SOCAN and Re:Sound on April 4—free for Theatre Ontario members.
- Theatre Ontario Festival is a province-wide celebration of community theatre. Tickets are now available. The Festival opens May 18 in North Bay.
Check out all of our upcoming Career Stream and Creator Stream workshops.
Upcoming on The Bulletin Board
- Register to apply for Ontario Trillium Foundation Seed Grants and Capital Grants today to ensure review by the grant application deadline.
- Deadline for applications for artistic teams at Oshawa Little Theatre in the 2016/17 season (non-paying) has been extended to March 10.
- Theatre 3x60 is offering a free 10-week creative training and performance experience for Durham youth and young adults (14 to 21.) Applications are due on March 11.
- Paprika Festival’s The Intersection is a day of education, professional networking, and debated aimed at serving artists under 30. The event is on March 13.
Paprika Festival's The Intersection
- Deadline for applications for Ontario Arts Council grants for Theatre Organizations and Multi and Inter-Arts Projects is March 15.
- Deadline for applications for Toronto Arts Council grants for Long-Term Project Grants for Dance and Theatre by mid-career and established artists is March 15.
- Deadline for applications to direct at Theatre Aurora in the 2016/17 season (non-paying) is March 15.
- The early-bird discount registration deadline for the Arts Reach Canadian Arts Marketing, Development, and Ticketing Conference is March 15.
- Crow’s Theatre invites applications for the RBC Rising Star Emerging Director Prize. The application deadline is March 15.
New on The Bulletin Board
- Drayton Entertainment has launched a new Youth Training program in Musical Theatre in each of their producing communities: Grand Bend, Cambridge, Penetanguishene, St. Jacobs, and Drayton. Week-long courses run this summer.
- The Toronto Alliance for the Performing Arts invites nominations for the Dora Ancillary Awards—the Silver Ticket, the Leonard McHardy and John Harvey Award, and the Barbara Hamilton Memorial Award. Nominations are due on April 1.
- Georgetown Little Theatre invites submissions for directors for the 2016/17 season (non-paying), the deadline is April 10.
Check out these items, and other postings from our members.
- Calls for Submission and Nominations
- Volunteer and Non-Paying Positions
- Community Events and Conferences
- Workshops at Ontario Theatres and Other Arts Service Organizations
- Adult Continuing Education Programs
- Youth Training Programs
Theatre Ontario individual members can also access Auditions and Job Postings on our Theatre Ontario Individual Member Resources on our website