- From Lynne Marie Rosenberg on Howlround: “How Not to Write a Casting Breakdown”—have you ever thought about what the language you use in your audition notice says about your production or organization?
- Musician Marian Call has written a terrific “nuts and bolts” post about crowdfunding, Kickstarter, and the math you need to do before you launch your project.
- I’ve found some theatres get bogged down in “pricing jargon” in understanding box office strategy resources: Amelia Northrup-Simpson on Patron Manager has shared a useful vocabulary to help the conversation.
- Jini Stolk (Creative Trust Research Fellow at the Toronto Arts Foundation) wrote about artists’ wills—something we rarely want to think about (like many things involving death), but it is important if you are concerned about your creative legacy.
Behind the Scenes at Ontario’s Theatres
- What will the impact of the Ontario Retirement Pension Plan be for Ontario’s not-for-profit theatres? The Ontario Nonprofit Network has written a good analysis (second article in this post.)
- Steve Clark, MPP for Leeds-Grenville, has been appointed as the Progressive Conservative’s Critic for Tourism, Culture and Sports (as well as Deputy Leader.)
- Rita Davies is the new Chair of the Ontario Arts Council.
In Case You Missed It
- Talking with Pauletta Washington about the importance of preparation for performance.