Coming Up from Theatre Ontario
- Audition Talk Back with Nina Lee Aquino, Alana Hibbert, and Kawa Ada – Nail your next audition with advice on preparation, etiquette, and expectations – September 14 at 6pm in Toronto.
Career Stream and Creator Stream
workshops at Theatre Ontario
- Launching Your Career workshop with Rebecca Ballarin and special guest Joseph Recinos – Get answers to your FAQs about the business of acting – September 21 at 3pm in Toronto.
- Reciprocal Agreements between CAEA and ACTRA with Arden R. Ryshpan (CAEA) and Indra Escobar (ACTRA) – Learn how the new agreement affects you – September 21 at 6pm in Toronto.
- Adjudicators Symposium – Professional development and networking – September 26 at 10am in Toronto.
- Unleashing Your Inner Entrepreneur workshop with Rebecca Ballarin and special guest Scott Dermody – Planning on producing a show or starting a theatre company? Start here – September 28 at 3pm in Toronto.
- Grant Writing Information Session free recorded webinar with Pat Bradley (Ontario Arts Council) – Preparing an application to the Ontario Arts Council? Get the inside scoop – September 29 at 6pm.
- Do you need financial support for professional development or a "change of direction" in your career? The next application deadline for our Professional Theatre Training Program is October 1.
- Are you seeking funding for a unique youth theatre training project? The next application deadline for our Youth Theatre Training Program is October 15.
Upcoming on The Bulletin Board
- Deadline for applications for Acting Up Stage Company’s Noteworthy intensive for composers, lyricists, and playwrights is today.
- Deadline for Canada Council grants for Leadership for Change: Grants for Organizational Development is September 10; deadline for Grants to Theatre Artists: Individual Creation, Playwright-in-Residency, Artist-in-Residency and Professional Development; Theatre: Project Grants to Service Organizations; Artist and Community Collaboration Program in Theatre; Theatre Production Project Grants for Emerging Artists; and Theatre Production Project Grants for Established Artists is September 15.
- Deadline to apply for GCTC’s Emerging Actors Unit in Ottawa is September 11.
- Theatre Ontario is seeking a volunteer to teach theatre techniques in a classroom setting for an institution with the goal of improving literacy and communication skills. The deadline is September 14.
- Deadline for Ontario Arts Council grants for Aboriginal Artists in the Communities, Aboriginal Arts Projects, Deaf and Disability Arts Projects, National and International Touring, and Ontario Touring is September 15.
- Helen Donnelly’s Discover Your Clown course in Toronto starts September 16.
New on The Bulletin Board
- Curtain Call Players in Toronto invites the community to their Annual General Meeting on September 20.
- Carousel Players in St. Catharines invites applications for Theatre Creators Reserve grants. They recommend projects creating works for children, youth, and families. Artists of diverse cultural and community backgrounds, including the Niagara region, are encouraged to apply with their development projects. The deadline is November 16.
Theatre Ontario individual members can also access auditions and job postings on our Theatre Ontario Individual Member Resources on our website