Tuesday 19 August 2014

Theatre Ontario Regretfully Announces Departure of Program Coordinator Mairin Smit

Theatre Ontario regrets to announce that Mairin Smit, Program Coordinator, will be leaving Theatre Ontario at the end of September.

"It is difficult to describe the mixtures of emotions I feel in leaving Theatre Ontario," said Mairin.  "I am very excited by the new adventure before me and the opportunity it provides me as both a theatre professional and person.  In short, my theatre company, Glasswater Theatre has been invited to perform at the International Performing Arts Festival in Bangkok, Thailand and to teach a workshop course in theatre creation at Bangkok University beginning this October. I have always wanted to travel to Asia and this opportunity will also allow me to spend some extended time exploring the region and immersing myself in as many cultural experiences as possible."

"It is with sadness, though, that I will be leaving the family of staff, members, colleagues and friends that I have at Theatre Ontario. It has been an honour to be a part of this organization and I am so grateful to everyone I have worked with while here. I am very excited to see what the future brings TO! There are great things in the works here!"

"While we are extremely sorry to see Mairin leave Theatre Ontario, after bringing such keen insight and generosity of spirit to her work, her colleagues and the theatre scene in Ontario, we wish her well on what will truly be, a wonderfully, big adventure," said Bruce Pitkin, Executive Director for Theatre Ontario.

Theatre Ontario now invites applications for the position of Program Coordinator.  The application deadline is September 5.

Read more about the Program Coordinator position

No comments:

Post a Comment