by Brandon Moore, Community Theatre and Communications Manager
Behind the Scenes at Ontario’s Theatres
- As the chill of winter shows up across the province, those of you whose theatre is taking you outdoors should check out the recently revised “Outdoor Venues” Safety Guideline for Live Performance in Ontario from the Ontario Ministry of Labour.
- As part of their 25th anniversary celebrations, the Ontario Arts Foundation is profiling their past award recipients—including Charlotte Dean, a former member of our Professional Theatre Training Program jury for twelve years.
- Community theatres and schools seeking help with obtaining performance rights for Canadian plays? Playwrights Guild of Canada has a handy guide for you.
In Case You Missed It
- Stories from the Professional Theatre Training Program, featuring training in directing, set and costume design, scenography, digital media creation, and artistic direction.
- Building community among Ontario Summer Theatre.
- ONstage Openings this week in Toronto, Kingston, Ottawa, and London.
- Browsing Our Bulletin Board, for New Faces applications, Summer Theatre Intensive course proposals, upcoming workshops for creators, volunteer opportunities at Next Generation Showcase, play submissions, and grant opportunities.
You can also receive news from Theatre Ontario every month by email. Our archives are online and the December issue is now available.
Theatre Ontario’s office will be closing December 22nd and re-opening on January 3rd. Best wishes for the holidays!