- Mitchell Marcus, Artistic and Managing Director of Acting Up Stage Company, writes about his experience with their latest casting call: 482 submissions for six roles.
- Laura Ellis shares some of her favourite theatre books, on the Hamilton Arts Council’s “Living Arts” blog.
- The latest edition of #CdnTimes from SpiderWebShow is being guest-edited by Donna-Michelle St. Bernard (Playwright-in-Person at Theatre Ontario Festival 2016) under the banner "Black Lives Matter". The first article in the series is by Makambe K. Simamba and explores the question Can Black People Culturally Appropriate?
Behind the Scenes at Ontario’s Theatres
- Blyth Festival announced their 2017 summer season.
- The Play Map of Canada for December, featuring upcoming production of Canadian-written plays, is now available from Playwrights Guild of Canada (PGC).
- This is just one part of the “Canadian Plays in Canadian Communities” initiative from PGC that we have been supporting.
- The Cultural Human Resources Council has updated their HR Management Toolkit—and the toolkit is available online.
- ... to all of the award winners and honourable mentions from the Eastern Ontario Drama League One-Act Festival.
In Case You Missed It
- Seeking “New Faces” to participate in Next Generation Showcase.
- Introducing our Winter and Spring Career Stream and Creator Stream workshops.
- ONstage Openings this week in Toronto, Peterborough, Perth, Thunder Bay, and Orillia.
- Browsing Our Bulletin Board, featuring grant writing workshops, Summer Theatre Intensive course proposals, and volunteers for Next Generation Showcase.