- Alex Colle, a fourth-year Theatre major at York University wrote about what he has been learning as a playwriting student.
- Cautionary example of how NOT to market your immersive theatre experience, and why you should always reflect on your audience’s experience, from Cindy Marie Jenkins.
- Centennial College is currently in the process of developing a new post-graduate program called Arts in Community Education. They are seeking feedback from prospective students of this program for arts education and community development activities. At this phase, this is a confidential investigation in order to better inform the team working on the new program. The survey is active until the end of the month and the developers would be very grateful for any and all participation. Help shape the future of arts education training in Canada.
Behind the Scenes at Ontario’s Theatres
- It is with great sadness that we share the news of the death of Andy Trasuk, a former Theatre Ontario Board member, long-time supporter, and leader in the Cornwall theatre community. The day of his passing he was honoured as an inaugural member of the Cornwall Arts Hall of Fame.
- ... to the nominees for Capital Critics Circle Awards in Ottawa, including many of our members and supporters.
- ... to Vivienne Muhling who was honoured with the inaugural Mary Jolliffe Award for Senior Arts Administrators, a triennial award recognizing career and contributions made by an Ontario arts administrator in the field of arts communications, marketing and.or development in the non-profit arts sector.
In Case You Missed It
- Stories from our Professional Theatre Training Program, featuring training in artistic producing and curation, scenography, playwriting, artistic direction, and choral conducting and music direction.
- Stories from our Summer Theatre Intensive, profiling advanced directing with John P. Kelly.
- ONstage Openings this week in Waterloo, Aylmer, London, Sarnia, Niagara Falls, Toronto, Millbrook, Orangeville, Cobourg, Morrisburg, Ottawa, and Mississauga.
- And catch up on ONstage Openings from last week in Aurora, Cambridge, Guelph, Woodstock, Belleville, Cornwall, Smiths Falls, and Sault Ste. Marie.
- Browsing Our Bulletin Board including workshops on getting produced for playwrights, writer’s block, health and safety, intimacy for the stage, and building your brand, plus grant workshops, a symposium on rural performing arts, and grants for creators.