Coming Up from Theatre Ontario
- Does your ‘Theatre for Young Audiences’ show need an audience? Join us at our “Bring Your Show to Schools: Navigating the Education System” webinar with Patty Jarvis of Prologue to the Performing Arts on October 13.
- Seeking financial support for programs that deliver accessible training to young people, led by professional theatre artist? Apply for our Youth Theatre Training Program grants. The application deadline is October 17.
- Preparing an OAC application? Get the inside scoop at our free “Grant Writing Information” pre-recorded webinar with Pat Bradley of the Ontario Arts Council on October 18.
- Want to know the secrets to a successful voice acting career? Join us at our Voice-Over workshop with Elley-Ray on October 22 in Toronto.
- Taking your new play from page to stage can seem impossible. Yet new plays are produced every season. How do they do it? Join us at our Playwright’s Guide to Getting Produced workshop with David S. Craig on October 24 in Toronto.
- You’ve got the ideas, you’ve got the passion, you’ve got the drive—what you’re missing is the almighty dollar. Join us at our Crowdfunding: Essential Tips for Artists and Arts Organizations workshop with Nancy Kenny on November 2 in Toronto.
- Keep your team safe and your show running smoothly—join us at our Health and Safety for Independent and Community Theatres workshop with Janet Sellery on November 5 in Toronto.
- Members save 50% on E-learning courses from WorkInCulture. One of the six courses available is Marketing—Find and grow your audience! How do you make the leap from "Sounds like a great show" to "Two tickets, please"? This course will take you through that process, developing and enhancing your marketing skills along the way.
Upcoming on The Bulletin Board
- Deadline for applications for Paprika Festival’s 16/17 programming is October 7.
- Deadline for applications for a tenancy at Artscape Youngplace is October 7.
- Deadline for applications to direct Toronto Irish Players The Night Joe Dolan’s Car Broke Down (non-paying community theatre production) is October 8.
- Theatre 3x60 is hosting Open House Information Sessions on October 11 and 18 for their free youth theatre collective, for Durham youth 14 to 21.
- Deadline for applications to direct for Alumnae Theatre Festival’s New Ideas Festival (non-paying) is October 14.
- Deadline for proposals from producers for the Klondike Visitor Association’s entertainment contract is October 14.
New on The Bulletin Board
- Native Earth Performing Arts invites applications for their OAC Theatre Creators’ Reserve. They are particularly encouraging submissions by Indigenous artists, artists-of-colour and women, multidisciplinary artists, and should work within the seven values that govern Native Earth. The application deadline is November 28.
- Buddies in Bad Times Theatre invites applications for their OAC Theatre Creators’ Reserve. They support artists and works by voices that question sexual and cultural norms, built on the political and social principles of queer liberation. The application deadline is December 2.
- Theatre Aquarius invites applications for their OAC Theatre Creators’ Reserve. Their funding allocation priority is for Hamilton and area (Halton and Niagara) based writers/creators. The application deadline is December 5.
Check out these items, and other postings from our members.
Theatre Ontario individual members can also access Auditions, Job Postings and Discount Ticket Offers on our Theatre Ontario Individual Member Resources on our website