|Ontario Minister of Tourism, Culture and Sport announces the|
Ontario Culture Plan initiative. (Photo by Executive Director
Bruce Pitkin at the launch event.)
- Ontario is seeking input from across the province to develop its first culture strategy, which will set out a vision for arts and culture in Ontario to build healthier, more vibrant and prosperous communities. The community is invited to participate through town halls, the Culture Talks website, and through the #ONCulture hashtag.
- Vern Thiessen was our Playwright-in-Person at the Summer Theatre Intensive in Waterloo. Playwrights Guild of Canada asked him to recommend five Canadian plays for community theatres.
- Mitchell Marcus, Artistic and Managing Director of Acting Up Stage Company, writes on their blog “Musical Notes” about the worst part of his job: rejecting people.
- What does sustainability look like at your theatre? Consider “The Sustainable Theatre Practice Treaty” from Ian Garrett on HowlRound
Behind the Scenes at Ontario’s Theatres
- The Toronto Alliance for the Performing Arts has launched their new cultural access app: TOnight!
- The first Guelph Fringe Festival open October 8.
In Case You Missed It
- Stories from our Summer Theatre Intensive: Ann Robertson writes about finding the space “Between Panic and Possibility” in Physical Theatre and Text with Jim Warren.