- Closing a theatre company – Scott Artley wrote on HowlRound about “The Final Act—Sunsetting a Nonprofit Arts Organization” and the decision to shutdown.
Behind the Scenes at Ontario’s Theatres
- Got Your Back Canada, the grassroots alliance of artists committed to making safe places for creation in the entertainment industry, is conducting an “Actor Training Experience Survey” for anyone who has taken actor training in Canada at any time. There is also a questionnaire for instructors.
|Playwrights Guild of Canada's Tom Hendry Awards|
- ... to Jordan Tannahill and Playwrights Canada Press, recipients of the 2018 Governor General’s Literary Award for Drama—English.
- ... to the recipients of Playwrights Guild of Canada’s 2018 Tom Hendry Awards, including Matthew Mackenzie who was awarded the Carol Bolt Award for best work premiered in the past year, and Damien Atkins (our Theatre Ontario Festival Playwright-in-Person in 2015) who won the Stage West Comedy Award.
In Case You Missed It
- Stories from our Professional Theatre Training Program – Featuring training projects in directing, artistic producing, dramaturgy, and artistic direction.
- Stories from Ontario Summer Theatre – Raeburn Ferguson finished her first week at Theatre Ontario at the Ontario Summer Theatre Annual General Meeting for professional development and strengthening connections.
- ONstage Openings this week in Oshawa, Tillsonburg, St. Marys, London, Elmira, Toronto, Ottawa, and North Bay.
- Browsing Our Bulletin Board, including workshops, webinars, grant deadlines, playwright calls for submission, and more.