Upcoming opportunities from Theatre Ontario, from our members, and from other arts service organizations.
Coming Up from Theatre Ontario
|Theatre Ontario's "Director-Dramaturge|
Collaborations" workshop with Matt McGeachy
- Learn strategies that can help turn what could be a strained, forced, or distant relationship to an intense and fruitful collaboration. Join us at our “Director-Dramaturge Collaborations” workshop with Matt McGeachy on November 5 in Toronto.
- Preparing an Ontario Arts Council application? Get the inside scoop at our free Grant Writing Information recorded webinar with Pat Bradley, available on November 5.
- Get answers to your FAQs about the business of acting. Join us at our “Launching Your Career” workshop with Raeburn Ferguson and guest Carly Chamberlain on November 7 in Toronto.
- Learn about the background and impetus behind the Intimacy for the Stage initiative at our free “What is Intimacy for the Stage?” recorded webinar with Siobhan Richardson, available on November 9.
- Does your ‘Theatre for Young Audiences’ show need an audience? Join us at our “Bring Your Show to Schools” webinar with Tim Whalley of Prologue to Performing Arts on November 13.
- Learn the techniques and the language to stage human sexuality in a way that is professional, dynamic and focused on storytelling at our “Intimacy for the Stage for Directors” workshop with Siobhan Richardson of Intimacy Directors International on November 24 in Toronto.
- What does an agent do and why should you have one? Join us at our “Ask an Agent” workshop with Michael L. Jackson on November 26 in Toronto.
- Are stress and anxiety sabotaging your career? Join us at our “Act Bravely: Practical Strategies to Conquer Performance Anxiety” workshop with Jorie Morrow on November 28 in Toronto.
Upcoming on The Bulletin Board
- Deadline for applications for the 2019 International Amateur Theatre Festival, being held in Saint John, New Brunswick, is today.
- Deadline for applications for Ontario Arts Council’s Compass grants and Theatre Organization: Operating grants (summer theatres only) is November 1, and for Chalmers Professional Development Projects grants is November 8.
- Studio PAVAS’s Bollywood Dance workshop with Indiana Mehta is on November 2.
- Deadline for applications for Ontario Trillium Foundation’s Transform Grants is November 7.
New on The Bulletin Board
- Odyssey Theatre invites applications for their Ontario Arts Council Recommender Grants for Theatre Creators, with a focus on disciplines related to physical theatre, including mask, Commedia dell’Arte, bouffon, clown, puppetry and dance-theatre.
- Ottawa Little Theatre invites submissions for their 78th National One-Act Playwriting competition.
Check out these items, and other postings from our members.
Theatre Ontario individual members can also access Auditions, Job Postings and Discount Ticket Offers on our Theatre Ontario Individual Member Resources on our website