|The Musical Stage Company's production|
of Dr. Silver: A Celebration of Life.
Photo by Dahlia Katz
- Playwrights Guild of Canada’s Women’s Caucus introduced the inaugural release of The SureFire List, a community-generated resource of shows by women or trans-femmes.
- As part of HowlRound’s series on “Leadership in Transition”, May Antaki spoke with Brendan Healy, the new Artistic Director of Canadian Stage.
- Designing an Immersive Musical – Nick Blais shared his experience being part of the design team for The Musical Stage Company’s production of Dr. Silver: A Celebration of Life.
Behind the Scenes at Ontario’s Theatres
- Four new 2019 Ontario Summer Theatre season announcements from The Foster Festival in St. Catharines, Blyth Festival, Port Stanley Festival Theatre, and the Gravenhurst Opera House.
- The Ontario Arts Council has released “The status of women in the Canadian arts and cultural industries: Research review 2010-2018”, synthesizing existing research on the status of women in the arts in Ontario and Canada.
- ... to former Board and Staff member Barry Freeman who was one of the recipients of a Nathan Cohen Award for excellence in critical writing from the Canadian Theatre Critics Association. While celebrating the accomplishment, the University of Toronto Press has made Barry's Canadian Theatre Review article available for free.
In Case You Missed It
- Stories from our Summer Theatre Intensive: Cassel Miles was learning to love again at Learning to Love Your Monologue.
- ONstage Openings this week in Sault Ste. Marie, Aurora, Beaverton, Richmond Hill, Waterloo, Sarnia, London, Hamilton, Toronto, Ottawa, and Sudbury.
- Browsing Our Bulletin Board, including workshops, grant deadlines, and more.
You can also receive news from Theatre Ontario every month by email. Our archives are online and the October issue is now available.