- The APT (Artist Producer Training) Program presented by STAF in partnership with Theatre Ontario will train a new generation of artist/producers in independent theatre. The goal of the APT Program is to train a new generation of artist/producers of independent theatre. Successful applicants will receive comprehensive, innovative, hands-on training with top industry professionals as they create and implement strategies and projects. The deadline to apply is July 13.
- Actors, directors, playwrights of all skill levels—experience a week away from all distractions and immerse yourself in a unique theatrical learning experience. You will learn new skills, meet passionate theatre people, enrich your theatre capacity, and flex your creative muscle! Join us at our Summer Theatre Intensive, August 9 to 15 in Waterloo. Spaces are still available for registration until July 31.
- Playwright-in-Person with Vern Thiessen on August 10 in Waterloo: Vern reads from his works and participates in a Q&A in this free event open to the public (but of special interest to Summer Theatre Intensive students studying playwriting with Maja Ardal)
- Deadline for Playwright’s Guild of Canada’s Emerging Playwrights Competition is today.
- Deadline for submissions for the Canadian Jewish Playwriting Competition from the Miles Nadal Jewish Community Centre is July 2.
- Deadline for applications for Ontario Arts Council’s Compass program is July 3.
New on The Bulletin Board
- The Crow’s Theatre RBC Rising Star Emerging Director program provides a paid residency to support the development of a “central project”; the application deadline is July 13.
Check out these items, and other postings from our members of funding opportunities, workshops, calls for submission, awards, and more—on Theatre Ontario’s Bulletin Board on our website
Theatre Ontario individual members can also access auditions and job postings on our Theatre Ontario Individual Member Resources on our website