Upcoming opportunities from Theatre Ontario, from our members, and from other arts service organizations.
Coming Up from Theatre Ontario
|Theatre Ontario's "Voice Over" workshop with Elley-Ray|
- Want to know the secrets to a successful voice acting career? Join us at our “Voice Over” workshop with Elley-Ray on October 13 in Toronto.
- Does your organization want to undertake an accessible, unique youth training project, led by professional theatre artists? The deadline for applications for our Youth Theatre Training Program is October 15.
- Discussion, mentorship and connections for youth, by youth—join us at “Emergence 2.0” from our Youth Advisory Committee on October 15 in Toronto.
- Does your Theatre for Young Audiences show need an audience? Join us at our “Bring Your Show to Schools” workshop with Tim Whalley of Prologue to the Performing Arts on October 15 via live webinar.
- Need help developing your long-term career goals? Join us at our “Propel Your Professional Career Forward” workshop with Vera N. Held on October 20 in Toronto.
- Are you stressed about your finances, juggling your bills and watching your debts creep larger and larger? Do your artistic projects make it even harder to stay on top of it all? Join us at our “Smart Money: Personal Finances for Artists” workshop with Natasha Mytnowych on October 22 in Toronto.
- Learn how to write a 10-minute play at our “Perfect 10” webinar with Dominik Loncar on October 24, via live webinar.
- Are you an actor struggling to let go of a character? A director working on intense material? A teacher looking for tools to support students in their performing careers? Join us at our “Post Performance Recovery” workshop with Mairin Smit on October 29 in Toronto.
- Learn strategies that can help turn what could be a strained, forced, or distant relationship to an intense and fruitful collaboration. Join us at our “Director-Dramaturge Collaborations” workshop with Matt McGeachy on November 5 in Toronto.
- Preparing an Ontario Arts Council application? Get the inside scoop at our free Grant Writing Information recorded webinar with Pat Bradley, available on November 5.
- Get answers to your FAQs about the business of acting. Join us at our “Launching Your Career” workshop with Rachel Kennedy and guest Carly Chamberlain on November 7 in Toronto.
- Learn about the background and impetus behind the Intimacy for the Stage initiative at our free “What is Intimacy for the Stage?” recorded webinar with Siobhan Richardson, available on November 9.
Upcoming on The Bulletin Board
- Deadline for applications for Ontario Arts Council grants include Deaf and Disability Arts projects (October 11), Touring projects (October 16), Multi and Inter-Arts Projects and Skills and Career Development: Indigenous Arts Professionals and Arts Professionals of Colour (Oct 17)
- Deadline for nominations for the WorkInCulture Bob Johnston Award is October 12.
- Deadline for applications for Thousand Islands Playhouse’s Ontario Arts Council Recommender Grants for Theatre Creators is October 15.
- Deadline to register to apply for Ontario Trillium Foundation’s Transform Grants is October 17.
- Shaw Festival’s next Teachers Day workshop is October 19.
- George F. Walker’s next Acting Workshop series begins on October 22.
New on The Bulletin Board
- Jumblies Theatre invites submissions for their Ontario Arts Council Recommender Grants for Theatre Creators. Their funding priority is community-engaged art.
- Nightswimming is inviting submissions for their next 5x25 commissions of new work by artists born in 1995.
Check out these items, and other postings from our members.
Theatre Ontario individual members can also access Auditions, Job Postings and Discount Ticket Offers on our Theatre Ontario Individual Member Resources on our website