- Mélanie Joly, Federal Minister of Canadian Heritage, and Simon Brault, Director and CEO of the Canada Council for the Arts announced “important measures to promote a healthy, respectful and harassment-free work environment in recipient organizations.”
- Examining current practices around open script submissions, from Kevin Michael Shea writing for Intermission.
- The Toronto Alliance for the Performing Arts announced gender-neutral performance awards for the 40th anniversary Dora Mavor Moore Awards in 2019.
- Learn more about SpiderWebShow’s plans for the foldA festival of live digital art in this Twitter thread by Artistic Director Michael Wheeler.
Behind the Scenes at Ontario’s Theatres
- Come visit the Palace Theatre in London, our theatre venue for Theatre Ontario Festival 2018 (FB video)
- Researchers from the Department of Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy at the University of Toronto are conducting a research study to gain an understanding of how performing arts workers who are also caregivers (of family or friends of any age) manage their daily lives while negotiating these competing roles. If you have worked in the performing arts industry for at least one year, self-identify as a caregiver, are 15 years old or over, and have a good understanding of English, please consider taking their short online survey.
- Young People’s Theatre in Toronto has announced their “eye-POPPIN’ 2018/19 Season.”
- ... the recipients of the K.M. Hunter Artist Awards for mid-career professional artists, including Matthew Heiti of Sudbury recognized in the theatre category.
In Case You Missed It
- Warming up for the summer season with Ontario Summer Theatre.
- Welcome Lisa Codrington at Theatre Ontario Festival 2018 Playwright-in-Person.
- ONstage Openings this week in St. Marys, Elmira, Toronto, Peterborough, Morrisburg, Ottawa, Kingston, Smiths Falls, Constance Bay, and Thornhill.
- Browsing Our Bulletin Board, including workshops, webinars, grant deadlines, and more.