Over $42,500 was awarded in total among the following 13 recipients:
- Thomas Alderson will train in directing with Ashlie Corcoran at Arts Club Theatre Company in Vancouver BC
- Sehar Bhojani and Brendan McMurtry-Howlett will train in artistic direction with Jillian Keiley at the National Arts Centre of Canada in Ottawa
- Logan Raju Cracknell will train in lighting design with David DeGrow at Cahoots in Toronto and on tour
- Sabah Haque will train in artistic producing with Tom Arthur Davis and Jivesh Parasram at Pandemic Theatre in Toronto, Vancouver BC, and Victoria BC
- Christine Horne will train in directing with Eda Holmes at Canadian Stage in Toronto
- Taryn Jorgenson will train in directing with Richard Rose at Tarragon Theatre in Toronto
- Stephanie Kast will train in writing and producing with Joshua Bainbridge in North Bay
- Tijiki Morris is training in directing with Erin Brubacher at Aga Khan in Toronto
- Scott Emerson Moyle will train in intimacy direction with Tonia Sina at Intimacy Directors International in Toronto and Chicago USA
- Nancy Anne Perrin will train in design for opera with Michael Gianfrancesco at the Canadian Opera Company in Toronto
- Samyuktha Punthambekar will train in arts management with Mitchell Marcus at Musical Stage Company in Toronto
- Julia Tribe will train in community engaged theatre and performing arts with Ruth Howard at Jumblies Theatre in Toronto
- Anne White will train in directing and artistic direction with Adam Paolozza at Bad New Days in Toronto
Over $98,000 was requested during this application round. The next application deadline for this program is October 1, 2018.
Our Professional Theatre Training Program (PTTP) offers financial support for unique and flexible training with a chosen mentor in any theatrical discipline except performance.
Learn more about the Professional Theatre Training Program
This program is funded by the Ontario Arts Council, an agency of the Government of Ontario.