Upcoming opportunities from Theatre Ontario, from our members, and from other arts service organizations
Coming Up from Theatre Ontario
|Theatre Ontario's "Taxes for Theatre Artists" workshop|
- Deadline for nominations for the Michael Spence Award, honouring outstanding contributions to community theatre in Southwestern Ontario is today.
- Preparing an OAC application? Get the inside scoop at our “Grant Writing Information Session” free pre-recorded webinar with Pat Bradley of the Ontario Arts Council available on February 6.
- Learn the skills necessary to be a successful and sought-after reviewer, critic, blogger and writer of theatre. Join us at our “Writing Theatre Reviews for Online Publications” workshop with Lynn Slotkin on February 7 in Toronto.
- Have questions related to filing your tax return? Join us at our “Taxes for Theatre Artists” workshop with Sam Marinucci on February 21 in Toronto.
- Learn the techniques and the language to stage human sexuality in a way that is professional, dynamic and focused on storytelling at our “Intimacy for the Stage for Directors” workshop with Siobhan Richardson on February 24 in Toronto.
- Want to know the secrets of a successful voice acting career? Join us at our “Voice Over” workshop with Elley-Ray on February 24 in Toronto.
- Calming the Actor Mind! In this one-on-one 60-minute coaching session you will be taught from a mindfulness counselling perspective how to cultivate our own artistic growth. “Mindful Therapy for Performing Artists” with Jorie Morrow is on February 26 in Toronto.
- Thinking of producing a show or starting a theatre company? Join us at our “Ready, Set, Show! Foundations of Indie Producing” workshop with Rachel Kennedy and special guest TBA on February 28 in Toronto.
Upcoming on The Bulletin Board
- Deadline for submissions of 10-minute plays for Kitchener-Waterloo Little Theatre’s March Madness is today.
- Deadline for organizations to register to apply for Ontario Trillium Foundation Seed Grants is today.
- Deadline for applications for Ontario Arts Council’s Theatre Projects grants is February 1.
- Deadline for applications to direct Dancing at Lughnasa with Toronto Irish Players (non-paying) is February 1.
- London Community Players “New Stage” workshop series on theatre fundamentals for adults new to the stage begins February 4.
Check out these items, and other postings from our members.
Theatre Ontario individual members can also access Auditions, Job Postings and Discount Ticket Offers on our Theatre Ontario Individual Member Resources on our website