- Answers to your FAQs about the business of acting at our Launching Your Career workshop with Rachel Kennedy and Caitlin Driscoll on January 30 in Toronto.
- Nominations for the Michael Spence Award for Contribution to Community Theatre in Eastern Ontario is January 31.
- Does your ‘Theatre for Young Audiences’ show need an audience? Join us at our Bring Your Show to Schools webinar with Patty Jarvis of Prologue for the Performing Arts on February 8.
- Preparing an OAC application? Get the inside scoop at our Grant Writing Information Session pre-recorded webinar with Pat Bradley of the Ontario Arts Council on February 14.
- Demystify dramaturgy and do it yourself! Join us at our Dramaturgy for Everyone workshop with Matt McGeachy of Factory Theatre on February 15 in Toronto.
- Are auditions making you feel overwhelmed, under-prepared, or simply in need of further training? Join us at our Getting Cast Auditioning Masterclass weekend intensive with Anna Migliarisi on February 25 and 26 in Toronto.
- Learn a deeper understanding of the art of stage management and their role as a creative participant in the world of theatre. Join us at our Places Please! Stage Management and the Creative Process from Pre-Production to End of Run weekend intensive with Maria Popoff on March 25 and 26 in Kingston.
- CampTech’s 2017 workshop schedule is available now with new and exciting workshops added each week. Back by popular demand are SEO: How to Drive More Traffic to Your Website (Jan 25); Intro to Google Analytics (Feb 2); and Intro to Podcasting (Jan 25 and Mar 26). These workshops are perfect for beginners. Learn more about Theatre Ontario member discounts at CampTech.
Upcoming on The Bulletin Board
- Shadowpath Theatre is hosting The Femme Operative, a forum for female creative leaders, today in Vaughan.
- Deadline for directing proposals for Glenvale Players is January 31.
- Register for Ontario Trillium Foundation Seed Grants by January 31 to apply for the February 22 deadline.
- Deadlines for expressions of interest to attend the Canadian Arts Summit by Next Gen Arts and Culture Leaders is January 31.
- Deadline to apply for ArtReach’s Youth Arts Project grants is February 1.
- Deadline to apply for Great Canadian Theatre Company’s Shannon Reynolds Memorial Endowment Fund Internship for female artists in the National Capital Region interning in directing is February 3.
New on The Bulletin Board
- Oshawa Little Theatre invites applications for Artistic Teams for their 2017/18 season. Applications are due on February 3.
- Scarborough Theatre Guild invites applications for directors for their 2017/18 season. Applications are due on February 28.
- The Laidlaw Foundation invites submissions for their Youth-led Community Change Program. The application deadline is March 6.
- The Toronto Arts Council invites applications for two new funding programs: Newcomer and Refugee Artist Mentorship Program (for individual newcomer and refugee professional artists) and the Newcomer and Refugee Arts Engagement Program (for organizations and collectives working with newcomers and refugees through the arts.) The application deadline is May 1.
Check out these items, and other postings from our members.
Theatre Ontario individual members can also access Auditions, Job Postings and Discount Ticket Offers on our Theatre Ontario Individual Member Resources on our website