Coming Up from Theatre Ontario
- Answers to your FAQs about the business of acting at our Launching Your Career workshop with Rachel Kennedy and Caitlin Driscoll on January 30 in Toronto.
- Nominations for the Michael Spence Award for Contribution to Community Theatre in Eastern Ontario is January 31.
- Does your ‘Theatre for Young Audiences’ show need an audience? Join us at our Bring Your Show to Schools webinar with Patty Jarvis of Prologue for the Performing Arts on February 8.
- Preparing an OAC application? Get the inside scoop at our Grant Writing Information Session pre-recorded webinar with Pat Bradley of the Ontario Arts Council on February 14.
- Demystify dramaturgy and do it yourself! Join us at our Dramaturgy for Everyone workshop with Matt McGeachy of Factory Theatre on February 15 in Toronto.
- Are auditions making you feel overwhelmed, under-prepared, or simply in need of further training? Join us at our Getting Cast Auditioning Masterclass weekend intensive with Anna Migliarisi on February 25 and 26 in Toronto.
- Learn a deeper understanding of the art of stage management and their role as a creative participant in the world of theatre. Join us at our Places Please! Stage Management and the Creative Process from Pre-Production to End of Run weekend intensive with Maria Popoff on March 25 and 26 in Kingston.
- CampTech’s 2017 workshop schedule is available now with new and exciting workshops added each week. Back by popular demand are Camp Tech’s Top Five - Digital Marketing on a Shoestring Budget (Jan 24); SEO: How to Drive More Traffic to Your Website (Jan 25); Intro to Google Analytics (Feb 2); Intro to Podcasting (Jan 25 and Mar 26); and Online Marketing with Google AdWords (Jan 24). These workshops are perfect for beginners. Learn more about Theatre Ontario member discounts at CampTech.
Upcoming on The Bulletin Board
|The New Ideas Festival at Alumnae Theatre|
is seeking volunteer stage managers.
- Deadline to register for Sudbury Theatre Centre’s “Introduction to Improvisation” course with Scott Florence is January 20, with the classes beginning January 23.
- Deadline to register for Young People’s Theatre’s “Artist Educators” training is January 20, for the workshop running February 2 and 3.
- ArtsBuild Ontario has extended their application deadline for the Arts Facilities Mentoring Network to January 20.
- Anne Marie Scheffler’s One Person Show workshop is on January 21 and 22, One Person Show masterclass starts January 23.
- Alumnae Theatre is seeking volunteer stage managers for the New Ideas Festival, with the first production meeting coming up on January 24.
- Shadowpath Theatre is hosting The Femme Operative, a forum for female creative leaders, on January 25 in Vaughan.
- ArtsBuild Ontario’s Energy Efficient Lighting for Performing Arts Facilities workshop is on January 25.
New on The Bulletin Board
- Native Earth Performing Arts invites submissions for the Mskomini Giizis Residency for Indigenous performing artist collectives. The application deadline is March 1.
- Theatre Auorora invites submissions for artistic teams (directors, musical directors, and choreographers) for their 2017-2018 season. The submission deadline is March 8.
Check out these items, and other postings from our members.
Theatre Ontario individual members can also access Auditions, Job Postings and Discount Ticket Offers on our Theatre Ontario Individual Member Resources on our website