We are pleased to announce the latest recipients of training grants through Theatre Ontario’s Professional Theatre Training Program (PTTP). We thank all those who applied to the program.
$36,094 was awarded in total among the following 9 recipients:
- Heather Davies will train in artistic direction with Gil Garratt at Blyth Festival
- Erin Gerofsky will train in set and costume design with Judith Bowden
- Valerie Hawkins will train in direction with Jillian Keiley at the National Arts Centre in Ottawa
- Michael O’Brien will train in digital media creation and directing with Sarah Garton Stanley at SpiderWebShow
- Norah Paton will train in production management with Kevin Waghorn at the Ottawa Fringe Festival
- Michela Sisti will train in artistic direction with Ross Manson at Volcano Theatre in Toronto
- Jennifer Stewart will train in directing classical theatre with Jeannette Lambermont-Morey at Talk is Free Theatre in Barrie
- Lisa Van Oorschot will train in lighting design with Kimberly Purtell
- Kevin Wong will train in artistic direction with Marjorie Chan at Cahoots Theatre in Toronto
Over $147,780 was requested during this application round. The next application deadline for this program is March 1, 2017.
Our Professional Theatre Training Program (PTTP) offers financial support for unique and flexible training with a chosen mentor in any theatrical discipline except performance.
This program is funded by the Ontario Arts Council, an agency of the Government of Ontario.