- A smart response to the “tweets don’t generate sales” mythology—remember to think about the entire sales funnel of awareness-to-interest-to-desire-to-action: “I’m Tweets Vs. Tickets — A POV on Forbes’ article about Broadway’s Twitter Stats.”
- Stageworthy Podcast is putting together a semi-regular panel discussion featuring Canadian Playwrights, and have extended an invitation for participants.
- The Ontario Non-profit Network has proposed “6 bold recommendations for the 2016 budget.”
Behind the Scenes at Ontario’s Theatres
|The Clean House presented by Theatre Sarnia|
Megan Hadley, Henri Canino, Ashley Carlisle
- Henri Canino (familiar to Theatre Ontario Festival audiences from last year’s Theatre Sarnia production of The Clean House) was profiled in the Sarnia Journal as director of their latest production, 33 Variations
- Jessica Lea Fleming—a recipient of a Professional Theatre Training Program grant—is sharing her training experiences on the Native Earth Performing Arts site as "Jess Heads West.".
- Festival Players of Prince Edward County announced their recipients of Theatre Creators Reserve funding, including five local County playwrights.
- The Canada Council for the Arts is inviting input on their next strategic plan, for 2016-2021, and their survey is available online.
- Check out Playwrights Guild of Canada’s “Play Map of Canada” profiling Canadian plays on Canadian stages in February 2016.
- Mario Crudo is stepping down as Artistic Director of Magnus Theatre in Thunder Bay after 23 years.
- Stephen Ouimette is the new Director of the Stratford Festival’s Birmingham Conservatory.
In Case You Missed It
- Next Generation Showcase Welcomes New Grads into the Professional Theatre Community.
- Lessons learned at our Showcase Panel “Inside the Actor’s Career”: The Course of True ___________ Never Did Run Smooth (but it might.)
- Stories from the Professional Theatre Training Program: Yunjeong Faline Park training in theatre administration, Camila Diaz-Varela training in digital production management, Lisa Karen Cox training in directing.