- Howard Sherman advocates for inclusivity and “the opportunity to model a better world on stage, on screen and behind the scenes”—in this particular case focusing on language used in a theatre review.
Behind the Scenes at Ontario’s Theatres
|The Linda Griffiths Stairwell at Theatre Passe Muraille|
- Layne Coleman writes on the Theatre Passe Muraille blog about two memorials for Linda Griffiths—the Linda Griffiths Stairwell in the theatre, and the Linda Griffiths Lane adjacent to the theatre.
- Adrienne Wong is the first artist-in-residence on CBC’s q. An Ottawa-based theatre artist, her work was first introduced to me via SpiderWebShow.
- “Can-Arts advocate says artists are under rehearsed, calls for the construction of National Rehearsal Centre”—from the talents of CBC’s This is That.
- Lindsay Golds is the new Executive Director of ArtsBuilt Ontario.
- Pierre Nantel will continue to serve as Heritage Critic in the federal New Democratic Party caucus.
- … to all of the honorees at the Eastern Ontario Drama League (EODL) One-Act Festival. Peterborough Theatre Guild who was awarded Best Production for their performance of Freud’s Last Session. (I’d like to thank EODL and Highlands Little Theatre in Haliburton for their hospitality at the Festival!)
In Case You Missed It
- Stories from the Professional Theatre Training Program featuring Emily Oriold (training in general management with Deb Sholdice at Blyth Festival), Mary Elizabeth Willcott (training in directing with Kelly Thornton at Nightwood Theatre), Tamara Vuckovic (training in directing with Marianne McIsaac at Ryerson Theatre School), and Emma Mackenzie Hillier (trained in dramaturgy with Bob White at the Stratford Festival.)
- Welcome to Mimi Mekler, our Theatre Ontario Festival 2016 adjudicator.