- Jacob Zimmer has been exploring the new Canada Council funding structures on the Small Wooden Shoe blog. In part one, he writes about how “change is often vague”
- And in part two, he parses what we could find in the “Explore and Create” stream
- ted witzel is working at the Stratford Festival a few months after working on an indie performance for Buddies in Bad Times’ Rhubarb Festival. He reflects on the “theatre class system” on the Buddies blog: “swordfights vs serial sex murder: have i sold out?”
- Next stop on the Ontario Fringe Tour is the Toronto Fringe Festival, opening July 1
- Catherine Ballachey is currently training in dramaturgy with Laurie Steven at Odyssey Theatre, funded by the Professional Theatre Training Program—and she shares her training and educational experience with their audience on the Odyssey Theatre blog
- To all of the recipients of the Dora Mavor Moore Awards from the Toronto Alliance for the Performing Arts, including fina macDonell, winner of the 2015 Silver Ticket Award
receive news from Theatre Ontario every month by email. Our archives are online and the June issue is now available.