- What Bit You? A Social for Emerging Theatre Artists from our Youth Advisory Committee on June 19 in Toronto at Factory Theatre: This is a chance for youth ages 14+ to get together, hang out, and get to know other like-minded youth who they may not have met otherwise!
- Reciprocal Agreements: CAEA and ACTRA with Arden R. Ryshpan (CAEA) and Karl Pruner (ACTRA) on June 25 in Toronto: If you work or plan to work in both live performance and recorded media, you must navigate the agreements between different unions—and we're here to help.
- Actors, directors, playwrights of all skill levels—experience a week away from all distractions and immerse yourself in a unique theatrical learning experience. You will learn new skills, meet passionate theatre people, enrich your theatre capacity, and flex your creative muscle! Join us at our Summer Theatre Intensive, August 9 to 15 in Waterloo. The application deadline is June 26.
- The APT (Artist Producer Training) Program presented by STAF in partnership with Theatre Ontario will train a new generation of artist/producers in independent theatre. The goal of the APT Program is to train a new generation of artist/producers of independent theatre. Successful applicants will receive comprehensive, innovative, hands-on training with top industry professionals as they create and implement strategies and projects. The deadline to apply is July 13.
- Playwright-in-Person with Vern Thiessen on August 10 in Waterloo: Vern reads from his works and participates in a Q&A in this free event open to the public (but of special interest to Summer Theatre Intensive students studying playwriting with Maja Ardal)
Upcoming on The Bulletin Board
- Deadline for nominations for Business for the Arts' Community Impact Award and Corporate Champion Award is June 26
Check out these items, and other postings from our members of funding opportunities, workshops, calls for submission, awards, and more—on Theatre Ontario’s Bulletin Board on our website
Theatre Ontario individual members can also access auditions and job postings on our Theatre Ontario Individual Member Resources on our website