Behind The Scenes at Ontario’s Theatres
|Trevor Copp of Tottering Biped Theatre will be|
part of Market Value from the Hamilton Arts Council
- The Hamilton Arts Council has announced the artists participating in Market Value, a six-day event focused on demonstrating to the public the everyday labour it takes to create art. Among the participants is Trevor Copp, a past member of our Talent Bank and Artistic Director of Tottering Biped Theatre
- The Ottawa School of Speech and Drama has closed its doors after twenty-five years
- #CdnCult Times focused on Culture and Democracy, including a reflection from Sarah Garton Stanley on the intersection of CBC Ontario Today “Why is theatre dead to you?” broadcast and the “Rob Ford Pride Flag Flap”
- Is the right price for art very high or very low with nothing in the middle? Adam Thurman wonders about that question on Mission Paradox
- A favourite blast-from-the past from 2amtheatre.com: Steal This Idea: Your Next Transmedia Brochure and how to design an online brochure
- HowlRound published a series on “Race and Representation in American Theatre.” While there are significant differences in both our Canadian theatre ecosystem and our history of race and representation, I think many of the ideas articulated by the writers cross the border well.
receive news from Theatre Ontario every month by email. Our archives are online and the February issue is now available.