Upcoming opportunities from Theatre Ontario, from our members, and from other arts service organizations.
Coming Up from Theatre Ontario
|Theatre Ontario's "Ready, Set, Show! Foundation|
of Indie Producing" workshop
- Learn the techniques and the language to stage human sexuality in a way that is professional, dynamic and focused on storytelling at our “Intimacy for the Stage for Directors” workshop with Siobhan Richardson on February 24 in Toronto.
- Want to know the secrets of a successful voice acting career? Join us at our “Voice Over” workshop with Elley-Ray on February 24 in Toronto.
- Calming the Actor Mind! In this one-on-one 60-minute coaching session you will be taught from a mindfulness counselling perspective how to cultivate our own artistic growth. “Mindful Therapy for Performing Artists” with Jorie Morrow is on February 26 in Toronto.
- Thinking of producing a show or starting a theatre company? Join us at our “Ready, Set, Show! Foundations of Indie Producing” workshop with Rachel Kennedy and special guest Izad Etemadi on February 28 in Toronto.
- Are you an artist seeking financial support for professional development or a "change of direction" in your career? The deadline for applications for our Professional Theatre Training Program grants is March 1.
- Preparing an OAC application? Get the inside scoop at our “Grant Writing Information Session” free pre-recorded webinar with Pat Bradley of the Ontario Arts Council available on March 6.
- Answers to your FAQ’s about the business of acting! Join us at our “Launching Your Career” workshop with Rachel Kennedy and special guest Andre Newell on March 14 in Toronto.
- Undertaking a youth theatre training project led by professional artists? The deadline for applications for our Youth Theatre Training Program grants is March 15.
Upcoming on The Bulletin Board
- Deadline for applications for Ontario Trillium Foundation’s Seed Grants is today.
- Deadline for applications for Ontario Arts Council’s Indigenous Artists in Communities and Schools Projects is February 22.
- Drayton Entertainment is hosting auditions for its Youth Training programs in Cambridge on February 25.
- Paprika Festival’s next Monologue Jam community event for writers under 30 interested in monologue writing is February 27 in Toronto.
- Magnus Theatre in Thunder Bay invites submissions from playwrights 13 to 19 for their Young Playwright’s Challenge. The deadline is February 28.
- Deadline for applications for Ontario Arts Council’s Arts Service Organizations: Operating, Compass, Touring Projects, and Market Development Travel: Northern Arts grants is March 1.
New on The Bulletin Board
- The Very Useful Theatre Company invites submissions from playwrights and directors for the York Region Festival of One-Act Plays. The submission deadline is April 30.
Check out these items, and other postings from our members.
Theatre Ontario individual members can also access Auditions, Job Postings and Discount Ticket Offers on our Theatre Ontario Individual Member Resources on our website