|The Berlin Blues at Ontario Summer Theatre's Blyth Festival|
James Dallas Smith, Catherine Fitch,
Nicole Joy-Fraser, Tony Munch
Photo by Terry Manzo
by Brandon Moore, Community Theatre and Communications Manager
- From the Ontario Summer Theatre blog: “The Blyth Festival—Canada’s Beacon of New Canadian Plays.”
- “As online content becomes the dominant cultural force, popular players have the ability to drive an audience to the next wave of live performance.” Michael Wheeler reflects on new performance models on SpiderWebShow.
Behind the Scenes at Ontario’s Theatres
- Two Ontario Fringe Festivals open next week on July 20: the Hamilton Fringe Festival and the Windsor-Walkerville Fringe.
- ArtsBuild Ontario’s “Making Spaces for Art” series profiled Carousel Players in St. Catharines.
- The Toronto Star featured two of our Toronto Fringe-going and Fringe-making members, Joan Jamieson and Shelley M. Hobbs. Shelley is also going to be joining us at our Summer Theatre Intensive in Stratford.
- SpiderWebShow is launching foldA – Festival of Live Digital Art – in June 2018. Perhaps fittingly no landing page of the announcement—just a series of linked tweets.
- Meet the new Artist Producers in Training at Generator in Toronto.
- Learn more about Brendan Healy’s plans as Artistic Director for Performing Arts in the City of Brampton in this interview on CBC Metro Morning.
- Artscape Launchpad has extended their survey of community needs for their new Toronto space to July 21.