by Brandon Moore, Community Theatre and Communications Manager
|Ontario Summer Theatre's Drayton Entertainment|
production of Million Dollar Quartet
Gerrad Everard, Tyler Check, Matt Cage, Theodore Lebeuf
Photo by Hilary Gauld Camilleri
- “Learning this land resonates” – from Kevin Loring, the first Artistic Director of Indigenous Theatre at the National Arts Centre, on SpiderWebShow.
- From the Ontario Summer Theatre Blog – “A piece of rock ’n’ roll history live on stage at three summer theatres across Ontario” at Drayton Entertainment and “Have Will(iam), Will Travel — How Driftwood Theatre is making community connections through Shakespeare this summer.”
- Our former Professional Theatre Coordinator, Mairin Smit, wrote for Intermission about “leaving troubling characters on the stage.”
Behind the Scenes at Ontario’s Theatres
- Kim Renders – a long-time member of our Talent Bank of Theatre Instructors for acting, directing, playwriting, and children’s theatre – talks about her recent work with Chipped Off Performance Collective in Kingston.
- Natasha Newby is the new Theatre Manager at Port Stanley Festival Theatre.
- Cate McKim is the new Marketing and Outreach Coordinator at Nightwood Theatre.
- ... to the newest members of the Order of Canada, including Peter Herrndoff (promotion to Companion in the order), Rod Beattie, Susan Coyne, and Christopher House.