by Brandon Moore, Community Theatre and Communications Manager
From Theatre Ontario
- This petition is an example of the public groundswell of support for our plight at 401 Richmond. We are grateful to the people who took the initiative to start it... and if you haven't yet, we welcome your signature in support!
- From the Ontario Summer Theatre blog: Upper Canada Playhouse—pretty much as far east in Ontario as you can get…BUT it’s worth it!
- Artscape is developing Artscape Daniels Launchpad, a one-stop art and design entrepreneurship hub. Before it opens, they’re surveying artists and designers for feedback.
Behind the Scenes at Ontario’s Theatres
- ... to Jane Marsland, winner of the Toronto Alliance for the Performing Arts’ Silver Ticket Award. Jane is a past winner of our Sandra Tulloch Award for Innovation in the Arts.
- ... to Philip Akin, recipient of the Dora Mavor Moore Award for Outstanding Direction in the General Theatre Division, for the production of “Master Harold”…and the Boys. (Full list of Dora winners from Intermission Magazine.) Philip will be our advanced directing course instructor at this year’s Summer Theatre Intensive.
In Case You Missed It
- Stories from the Professional Theatre Training Program, featuring training in artistic direction, digital communications and archival processes, and directing.
- ONstage Openings this week in Stratford, Grand Bend, Blyth, Toronto, Bobcaygeon, Haliburton, Tweed, and Perth.
- And the week before featured openings in Niagara-on-the-Lake, St. Catharines, Toronto, Penetanguishene, and Perth.
Theatre Ontario begins our Summer schedule today, with the office open from 9am and closing at 1pm on Fridays.