From Theatre Ontario
- Our Double Your Donation Matching Campaign kicks off today!
- The latest on the situation at 401 Richmond for us, and many of our fellow arts organizations: “Time running out for deal to save 401 Richmond” from the Toronto Star.
- Franco Boni talks about the role of theatre in a community in this Ontario Presents video, highlighting their work at the Theatre Centre.
- Cathy Taylor, Executive Director of the Ontario Nonprofit Network writes about the importance of workplace legislation in the not-for-profit sector.
Behind the Scenes at Ontario’s Theatres
- Next week marks the next Ontario Fringe Festival opening: the Storefront Fringe Festival in Kingston opens June 23.
- Kevin Loring has been named as the first Artistic Director of Indigenous Theatre at the National Arts Centre.
- Jessica Carmichael is leaving as Artistic Director of Carousel Players.
- Melissa Kempf is leaving as Theatre Manager of Port Stanley Festival Theatre to join the staff of the River Run Centre in Guelph.
- Kelly Straughan is leaving as Executive Director of the Toronto Fringe, to become Executive Director of Workman Arts.
- ... to the recipients of the Hamilton Arts Awards: Claire Calnan (Executive Director of the Hamilton Fringe) who won the Arts Innovation Award, Anna Chatteron who won the Theatre Award (with Rex Emerson Jackson selected as Emerging Artist.)
In Case You Missed It
- The Importance of Supporting Youth—Youth Advisory Committee member Julia Vodarek Hunter profiles The AMY Project (Artists Mentoring Youth).
- Browsing Our Bulletin Board featuring opportunities across the province including Ontario workshops on grant writing and voice-over, our Summer Theatre Intensive and a youth scholarship, and grant deadlines.
- ONstage Openings this week in Stratford, Port Dover, Drayton, Toronto, Gravenhurst, Smiths Falls, Cornwall, Gananoque, and Sault Ste. Marie.
You can also receive news from Theatre Ontario every month by email. Our archives are online and the June issue is now available.