- We partnered with Playwrights Guild of Canada to host a Tweetchat around the question of increasing the amount of Canadian plays produced in Canadian theatre. As you would expect, it was a free-form, open-ended, multi-directional conversation—captured on Storify.
- Why Props Matter: What does it take to create great props, especially from a health and safety perspective? Janet Sellery of Sellery Health & Safety shared some terrific resources on the subject.
- This week on #CdnCult Times from SpiderWebShow: “Critics are ambassadors (like it or not) bringing theatre to the general public. What is their role in the changing media landscape?” Three perspectives from Jerry Wasserman, Eric Coates, and Michael Wheeler
- As you assess the success of your year-end donation campaign, ask yourself: Were you bothering your donors, or inspiring them?
- From Charity Village, exploring the question of “waiting but not idle”: how do you keep potential volunteers engaged with your theatre?
Behind the Scenes at Ontario’s Theatres
- Antoni Cimolino, Artistic Director of the Stratford Festival, was chosen for the Order of Canada.
- The Waterloo Region awarded 18 arts grants before Christmas—and theatre/performance looks to have been well-supported.
- Canadian Stage has chosen their RBC Emerging Artist Program participants: the Howland Company (Company in Residence) and Philip McKee & Elif Işıközlü (Director Development).