Coming Up from Theatre Ontario
- Honouring outstanding contributions to community theatre in northeastern Ontario—the deadline for nominations for the Michael Spence Award for Contribution to Community Theatre is January 29
- Preparing an OAC application? Get the inside scoop! Grant Writing Information Session pre-recorded webinar with Pat Bradley (Theatre Officer) at the Ontario Arts Council on February 2
- Preparation, etiquette, and expectations: Audition Talk Back with Kawa Ada, Nina Lee Aquino, and Alana Hibbert on February 8 in Toronto
- Thinking of producing a show or starting a theatre company? Start here! Unleashing Your Inner Entrepreneur workshop with Rebecca Ballarin and guest producer Amy Lee (of Morro and Jasp) on February 10 in Toronto
Building Your Brand as an Artist workshop
- Take control of your personal finances: smART Money workshop with Natasha Mytnowych on February 17 in Toronto
- Create a career that inspires: Building Your Brand as an Artist workshop with Edward Power on February 20 in Toronto
- Take your acting career to the big screen: Transitioning from Stage to Set workshop with Edward Power on February 20 in Toronto
- Prepare to file your tax return like a pro! Taxes for Artists workshop with Sam Marinucci on February 23 in Toronto
Upcoming on The Bulletin Board
- The deadline to apply to direct at the 11th Annual InspiraTO Festival is January 27
- Ottawa Little Theatre's Acting Fundamentals for Adults starts January 30
- Sudbury Theatre Centre's workshops
Intro to Commedia and Intro to Lightingare on January 31 - UPDATED: The January 31 workshop is now on Ensemble Acting
- The deadline to apply for the Harvey Residency at the Rosebud School of the Arts in Alberta is January 31
- The deadline for Ontario Arts Council grants for Theatre Projects and Arts Service Organizations is February 2
New on The Bulletin Board
- Alumnae Theatre in Toronto invites applications for directors for the 2016/2017 season. The deadline is February 11.
- The National Arts Centre, English Theatre in Ottawa has launched a program for students who self-identify as a member of an under-represented community and are auditioning for a post-secondary program: online audition coaching from a member of the ensemble. The application deadline is February 12.
- Nightwood Theatre is hosting a masterclass “I Wanna Produce a Show! How to Bring Your Idea to Life and Break Even” with Kelly Straughan on February 20 and 21 in Toronto.
Check out these items, and other postings from our members of funding opportunities, workshops, calls for submission, awards, and more—on Theatre Ontario’s Bulletin Board on our website
Theatre Ontario individual members can also access auditions and job postings on our Theatre Ontario Individual Member Resources on our website