- Michigan playwright David MacGregor describes his experience “Navigating New Production Opportunities” and coming to Georgetown Little Theatre to see a Festival production of Consider the Oyster.
- Praxis Theatre and The Theatre Centre’s “Civil Debates” is returning on December 14 in Toronto. The debaters: Tommy Taylor, Andrea Houston, Maggie MacDonald, and Michael Healey. The subject: climate change. The resolution: Be it resolved that it is unethical for arts organizations to accept funds from corporations causing this destruction and these revenue sources should be phased out.
|Bruce Spinney in Angel Square at|
Great Canadian Theatre Company. Photo
by Andrew Alexander.
Behind the Scenes at Ontario’s Theatres
- The AITA/IATA World Festival of Children’s Theatre 2016 has announced the participants for next year’s Festival, which runs June 5 to 14 in Stratford.
- Great Canadian Theatre Company in Ottawa has introduced an “embedded critic” program, strengthening engagement with “like-minded arts advocates” on social media and websites. Their production of Angel Square is the first to participate in this creative exchange.
- The League of American Orchestras commissioned a study on “Reimagining the Orchestra Subscription Model”—worthwhile reading for theatres working with subscription models.
- ... to the recipients of the Capital Critics’ Circle awards for professional and community theatre in Ottawa.
In Case You Missed It
- Stories from the Professional Theatre Training Program, featuring Yunjeong Faline Park, Camila Diaz-Varela, Claire Burns, and Michela Sisti.