This weekend intensive workshop will focus on developing the textual, vocal and physical tools necessary to bring a Shakespearean role to life. Body expressiveness, vocal dexterity and text understanding will be explored and brought into performance. It is ideal for actors wanting to craft a character from the Bard; for performers wishing to expand or heighten their stage presence; and for directors seeking to ground the acting work on the rehearsal floor through high stakes exploration.
In "Unearthing Shakespeare", led by the inventive and inspirational talents of Melinda Little and Peter Van Wart, participants will begin by exploring a Shakespearean sonnet to uncover the textual clues that can be applied to character choices, both physically and vocally. They will then apply these explorations to given scenes from the canon in preparation for performance.
This workshop is brought to you by Theatre Ontario and Randolph Academy for the Performing Arts.
Theatre Ontario offers Weekend Intensive workshops for those interested in developing their skills in theatre performance and production. The Theatre Ontario Weekend Intensives:
- Are oriented around relevant performance or production themes, essential to the developing theatre artist
- Are led by a two-instructor team of renowned theatre practitioners, providing an immersive and intensive learning experience
- Are taking place over a weekend, comprising Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday, for a total of fifteen instruction hours
- Offer affordable accommodation rates near the training venue
- Offer great value for your learning dollar