- The Ontario Nonprofit Network (ONN) is leading action to ask the Government of Ontario to reverse the cancellation of a promised $15 million disbursement to the Ontario Trillium Foundation (OTF). The OTF has been a significant supporter for strengthening Ontario’s communities—including the activities of many arts organizations. You can learn more on the ONN’s “Take Action” page.
- Jenna Warriner—who will be leading our upcoming workshops on “Social Media for Producers” (January 21) and “Social Media for Actors—Instagram and Twitter” (February 27)—wrote a guide for actors about dealing with trolls for ACTRA Toronto’s “Performers Online” site.
- As always, the “Most Popular Articles of the Year” round-up from Intermission is always an opportunity to catch-up on good conversations you may have missed.
- A fascinating story out of the U.S. via #2amt: How an Austin, Texas playwright’s final play “might have died with him, but a community joined together to ensure its survival.”
Behind the Scenes at Ontario’s Theatres
- As part of their audience engagement for their upcoming production of Caryl Churchill’s Top Girls, the Alumnae Theatre Company has been introducing their audience to the characters who appear in the opening scene of the play. (From that link you can scroll backwards through their entire series.)
- Susan Ferley in the new Artistic Director and Mike Forrester is the new Managing Director of the Capitol Theatre in Port Hope.
- Catriona Leger is leaving as Artistic Director of A Company of Fools in Ottawa.
In Case You Missed It
- Welcome to our Next Generation Showcase 2019 Panels.
- ONstage Openings this week in Toronto, Orangeville, and Ottawa.
- Browsing Our Bulletin Board, including workshops, grant deadlines, volunteer opportunities, and more.