|Mikaela Davies and Elissa Horscroft in conversation with|
Keira Loughran at foldA from the Stratford Festival.
Photo by Michael Wheeler
Image from spiderwebshow.ca
- SpiderWebShow has completes its series from the conversations at their inaugural Festival of Digital Art (foldA)—exploring possible futures for our practice.
- Respectful Workplaces in the Arts, the anti-harassment project from the Cultural Human Resources Council, has a new online home.
Behind the Scenes at Ontario’s Theatres
- The Western Ontario Drama League’s Pre-Festival Adjudication Schedule for the Fall and Winter has been published on their website.
- The Association of Community Theatres—Central Ontario has also announced their ACT-CO Festival adjudication schedule for 2018/19.
- Kelly Thornton is leaving as Artistic Director of Nightwood Theatre in Toronto to become Artistic Director of Royal Manitoba Theatre Centre in Winnipeg, Manitoba (FB post, with a warning to hockey fans of a potentially disturbing image...)
- ... to the 2018 Tom Hendry Awards Short Lists from Playwrights Guild of Canada.
- ... to the finalists for the 2018 Governor General’s Literary Award for English Drama.
- ... and to the shortlist for the Siminovitch Prize, honouring designers.
In Case You Missed It
- Meet our Youth Advisory Committee’s mentors for Emergence 2.0.
- Stories from the Professional Theatre Training Program, features projects in directing, writing and producing, and artistic direction.
- ONstage Openings this week in Oshawa, Drayton, Aylmer, St. Jacobs, and Toronto.
- Browsing Our Bulletin Board, including workshops, grant deadlines, webinars, and more.