Upcoming opportunities from Theatre Ontario, from our members, and from other arts service organizations.
Coming Up from Theatre Ontario
- Theatre Ontario Festival 2018 opens on May 16, featuring performances, adjudications, workshops, and celebrations of community theatre. Tickets are still available.
- We are hiring an Education Assistant for our Summer Theatre Intensive. The application deadline is May 18.
- Join us at our Theatre Ontario Annual General Meeting on May 19 in London.
- Answers to your FAQs about the business of acting. Join us at our “Launching Your Career” workshop with Rachel Kennedy and guest Sophia Fabiilli on May 23 in Toronto.
- De-mystify dramaturgy and do it yourself. Join us at our “Approaches to Dramaturgy” workshop with Matt McGeachy on May 29 in Toronto.
- What is marketing? Join us at our “Marketing on a Dime: Promote Your Performance to Your Audience” workshop with Izad Etemadi on May 30 in Toronto.
- We invite youth across the province to apply for our Summer Theatre Intensive Youth Scholarship, sending one youth artist to train at one of our Summer Courses in Stratford free of charge. The application deadline is June 1.
- Preparing an OAC application? Get the inside scoop at our free “Grant Writing Information Session” pre-recorded webinar with Pat Bradley of the Ontario Arts Council on June 5.
- Learn about the background and impetus behind the Intimacy for the Stage initiative at our “What is Intimacy on Stage? An Introduction to Creating a Safe Space” webinar on June 12 (free for Theatre Ontario members.)
- Thinking of producing a show or starting a theatre company? Join us at our “Ready, Set, Show! Foundations of Indie Producing” workshop with Rachel Kennedy and special guest TBA on June 13 in Toronto.
- Take your training to new heights at our Summer Theatre Intensive courses for performers, directors, teachers, and creators, running August 5 to 10, and August 12 to 17 in Stratford. Register by June 22.
Upcoming on The Bulletin Board
- Deadline to apply for Ontario Arts Council’s Indigenous Culture Fund (ICF) Project Grants for Individuals, Groups and Collectives and for Organizations is May 16.
- Deadline to apply for Ontario Trillium Foundation’s Grow Grants is May 16.
- Deadline for script submissions to Aspiring Canadian Writers’ “Musical Theatre Play, Act One Critique” is May 18.
- Daniela Saioni’s “Am I Covered? The Art of Visual Storytelling for Film and TV” runs May 19 in Toronto.
- The SPARC Symposium – Supporting Performing Arts in Rural Communities – opens May 24 in Cobalt.
- Deadline to register for Driftwood Theatre’s “ShakespeareFusion” workshop with Jeremy Smith and Ahmed Moneka is May 25 (discount for Theatre Ontario members.)
New on The Bulletin Board
- Buddies in Bad Times Theatre invites nominations for their Queer Emerging Artist Award, due June 29.
Check out these items, and other postings from our members.
Theatre Ontario individual members can also access Auditions, Job Postings and Discount Ticket Offers on our Theatre Ontario Individual Member Resources on our website