- Lisa Schmeiser’s “So What, Who Cares” has proven to be a fun addition to my inbox: taking a compelling news reports and curating some context around it. Last Friday, her topic was the economics of “content production” and how information technology has de-professionalized artists’ labour
- When creating a solo work, there is a difference between personal revelation and performance – Deb Margolin explores the difference on HowlRound
- This post from Jill Robinson at TRG Arts is based on American statistics, but there are some interesting arguments in it: “Inconveniently, subscriptions still sustain the arts”
- But Drew McManus on Adaptistration argues that there are technical issues to be resolved first in To Subscribe, Or Not To Subscribe, That Is NOT The Question
- Meet Jessica Lea Fleming, the new Artistic Associate at Native Earth Performing Arts
- Meet the Buddies In Bad Times’ Youth Creators Unit as they prepare for the Rhubarb Festival
|Cast, creative teams, and admin staff on the first day of rehearsal|
for She Loves Me at the Thousand Islands Playhouse in 2014.
Rob Kempson is in the centre in the green pants.
- Rob Kempson is the new Associate Artistic Director at Thousand Islands Playhouse (Rob is a former Professional Theatre Training Program grant recipient, and trained with Ashlie Corcoran at Thousand Islands)
- Joanne Williams, from our Board of Directors, is the Interim General Manager (for a maternity leave) at the Toronto Fringe Festival
- Professional Theatre Training Program project profiles featuring Sarah Kitz, Emma Mackenzie Hillier, and Peter Pasyk