- Kate Taylor wrote in the Globe and Mail about the research work of Business for the Arts: “When it comes to arts funding, can corporate dollars replace government grants?”
- “As professionals, we need to be a part of inspiring the next generation to take up behind-the-scenes roles as stage managers”—one of Lois Dawson’s “Five Random Thoughts on Stage Management.”
- As was implied when Michael Wheeler was announced as “Executive Director and Transformation Designer”—STAF in Toronto is undergoing a transformation. They are shifting from providing subsidized administrative services to building the skills and capabilities of independent theatre.
- Spacefinder Toronto has launched: a project between the Toronto Alliance for the Performing Arts, ArtsBuild Ontario, WorkInCulture, and Fractured Atlas. Venues with an hour’s drive of Toronto looking to showcase their space for rentals can post a listing for free.
- TheatreWiki by SpiderWebShow is the first community-maintained Canadian online encyclopedia of the performing arts.
|Eastern Ontario Drama League One-Act Festival Award Recipients|
- … to Jordan Tannahill and Playwrights Canada Press who won the Governor General’s Literary Award for Drama for Age of Minority (video)
- … to the recipients of awards at the Eastern Ontario Drama League One-Act Festival
- … to the recipients of the Capital Critics’ Circle Awards in Ottawa