- One Play at a Time invites professors to commit to teaching one class period per semester on historic women playwrights. Right now, there are no Ontario professors on the list.
- Writing about the UK (but just as applicable here), does the “intern culture” mean that working-class talent is being priced out of acting?
- Also from across the pond: Lyn Gardner writes on The Guardian blog about the ethics of using animals on stage
|Thomas A Stewart School Integrated Arts|
Program at Peterborough Theatre Guild
- Peterborough Theatre Guild is building relationships with student theatre practitioners through a partnership with the local Thomas A Stewart School Integrated Arts Program
- Alison Smyth, one of the actors in the Festival Players of Prince Edward County’s production of Test Drive shared a few moments on her Backstage Blog—including one that will resonate with all of this summer’s outdoor venue performers
From the Wire
- Colin Mochrie and Brad Sherwood headline an improv comedy event on September 22 in Stratford in support of the 2016 World Festival of Children’s Theatre
- ...to the recipients of the 2014 Premier’s Awards for Excellence in the Arts: Lee Maracle, Cheri Dimaline, and Théâtre du Nouvel-Ontario
- ...to the finalists for the 2014 Siminovitch Prize in Theatre: playwrights Michel Marc Bouchard, Olivier Choinière, Hannah Moscovitch, and Colleen Murphy
- ...to the Ontario theatres recognized by the International Centre for Women Playwrights in the 2014 50/50 Applause Awards for producing female playwrights at least 50% of the time: Factory Theatre, Great Canadian Theatre Company, Obsidian Theatre Company, and Theatre Passe Muraille (with a video that features Andy McKim and our suite-mates at Playwrights Guild of Canada)
- ... and to Sunny Drake, and all of the finalists for the TELUS Newcomer Artist Award in Toronto
- Professional Theatre Training Program Project Profiles featuring Tim Welham, Madeleine Donohue and Joseph Recinos