Why not spend a week indulging your passion for theatre at Theatre Ontario’s week-long adult Summer Theatre Intensive, August 10 to 16 in Waterloo. Spaces are still available in our courses for performers and directors:
- Everything You Always Wanted to Know about Acting...and Then Some! – Tom Diamond returns to lead one of our most popular courses, suitable for absolute beginners or more-experienced actors who want to get back to the basics
- More Hot Scenes: Building Acting Technique, with Brenda Kamino – Through scenes and monologues from world and Canadian theatre and group work led by the instructor, learn to apply your technique to every role you audition for, land, and perform
- Review your Revue: Creating a Musical Theatre Performance, with David Gale & Randy Vancourt – This fun and challenging workshop offers participants a practical approach to creating and performing a musical production
- How Do I Make This Play Happen?: Directing for Beginners, with Thom Currie – A class specifically designed for the beginning and intermediate director seeking to explore practical techniques and approaches to directing
- Whose Text Is It, Anyway? Adventurous Approaches to Performance, with John P. Kelly – Directors with some experience will find this course challenging and stimulating and will provide you with insightful skills to further develop the directing craft.
The Summer Theatre Intensive is an amazing opportunity to acquire new skills, meet new people, explore creativity beyond the classroom, and have lots of fun while doing it!
ICYMI: Murray Tilson of Timmins wrote on our blog about the courses as the bests way he can think of spending a week of vacation
Find out more about Theatre Ontario’s Summer Theatre Intensive