Behind The Scenes at Ontario’s Theatres
- When are shows finished? Phil Rickaby recently wrote a three-part analysis of the evolution of a monologue (Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3), while Nancy Kenny explored the evolution of her soon-to-be-touring Fringe show Roller Derby Saved My Soul
- Lessons Learned at Market Value, the Hamilton Arts Council’s attempt to publicly demonstrate artistic labour
- Marjorie Chan, Artistic Director of Cahoots Theatre Company, reflects on responses to their production of The Wanderers: Does all culturally-diverse work have to live in the same established aesthetic?
|Kawa Ada and Dalal Badr in Cahoots Theatre's The Wanderers|
Photo by Dahlia Katz
- What’s in a website? Gwydion Suilebhan encourages theatres to go “back to basics” on HowlRound
- And a fun piece that has been circulating—Sam Mendes' “25 Rules For Directors"
- Jackie Maxwell will be continuing as Artistic Director of the Shaw Festival through the end of the 2016 season, and the search for her successor is now underway
- Congratulations to Tim Jones, President and CEO of Artscape (and one of the first co-winners of the Sandra Tulloch Award for Innovation in Arts and Culture.) He was selected as a Social Entrepreneur of the Year by the Schwab Foundation. This prestigious international award honours outstanding achievements in social entrepreneurship, and is granted to some of the world’s most innovative organizational leaders. As a new member of a global network of over 250 individuals from 60 countries, Mr. Jones will participate in year-round events including those associated with the World Economic Forum, and will connect with top business and political leaders, as well as other celebrated social entrepreneurs driving social innovation in various fields including education, health, environment and enterprise development.