Tuesday 22 November 2011

Welcome To Our New Community Theatre Coordinator

Theatre Ontario is pleased to welcome Anne Mooney as the new Community Theatre Coordinator.  Anne has been an active member of community theatres across Southwestern Ontario, served on the Board of the Western Ontario Drama League (WODL), and is a former member of the Theatre Ontario Board of Directors.

“I care passionately for community theatre and Theatre Ontario’s ability to enhance and support community theatres in the province,” said Anne.  “Working on a show in any capacity is how I feed my soul.  I met my husband through community theatre.  I have met many people around this province at the wide range of festivals and theatrical presentations at which I have been privileged to attend.   I hope to bring my passion for Theatre Ontario and theatre in general to the position of Community Theatre Coordinator.”

Anne has been involved in community theatre since she was “dragged to an audition” in 1985.  She has worked with London Community Players, Theatre Kent (Chatham), St. Marys Community Players and Pull Chain Theatre (Sault Ste. Marie.)  At WODL, she has served in various capacities including two years as President, and for Theatre Ontario she served as Vice-President on the Board and was a member of the Core Planning Committee that developed Theatre Ontario’s new strategic plan.  Professionally, Anne worked as a high school drama teacher and was heavily involved in the Sears Ontario Drama Festival for twelve years.

“Picking up the torch that Dennis Johnson has so ably carried, I am delighted to welcome Anne to the Theatre Ontario team,” said Carol Beauchamp, Executive Director.  “Anne is very much looking forward to reaching out to our members across the province, and working with you in the coming months as we look forward to Theatre Ontario Festival in Sault Ste Marie in May.  Please join me in welcoming Anne!”

No comments:

Post a Comment